Plateau Killings: Women Protest as 24 Victims Receive Mass Burial
Women from Bin-Per community in Ruff, Kombun District of Mangu Local Government Area, Plateau State, protested on Tuesday over the killing of 24 residents by gunmen.
The women marched peacefully while holding leaves above their heads. They called for urgent government action to protect residents and vulnerable communities.
The protest followed an overnight attack on the community. Armed men reportedly invaded homes and killed residents.
One of the protesters, Mrs Ladi Joshua, said the community was devastated by the deaths.
She said families had lost husbands, children, relatives and other loved ones.
The protesters demanded an end to recurring attacks in Mangu and other parts of Plateau State.
24 victims receive mass burial
Meanwhile, 24 victims of the attack have received a mass burial.
Several other residents who sustained injuries are receiving treatment in hospitals.
President of the Mwaghavul Youth Movement, Comr. Kyesmang Jonathan, disclosed the figures during a burial mass for the victims on Tuesday.
Jonathan said 24 people had been buried following the attack. He added that some injured victims remained in hospitals.
He described the incident as a painful loss for the community. He also condemned the continued attacks on innocent residents.
The youth leader urged the government and security agencies to strengthen protection for vulnerable communities.
He also called for the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the killings.
Jonathan commiserated with the families of the deceased. He also sympathised with injured and displaced residents.
ADC condemns Plateau attack
The Plateau State secretary of the African Democratic Congress, Hon. Jude Eli Dakur, also condemned the attack.
Dakur described the killings in Bin-Per as barbaric, senseless and unacceptable.
He expressed sorrow over the deaths and the destruction of homes, farmlands and other property.
Also Read: Plateau Attack: Gunmen Kill Over 20, Injure Several in Mangu
According to him, the attack was particularly disturbing because many victims were asleep in their homes.
He warned that such incidents must not become a recurring feature of life in Plateau State.
Dakur urged security agencies to identify and arrest the perpetrators. He also called for their prosecution.
He asked authorities to improve intelligence gathering and surveillance across vulnerable communities in Mangu.
The ADC official further called for adequate security personnel in areas facing repeated attacks.
He said effective rapid-response mechanisms were also needed to respond quickly to distress calls.
Dakur urged the Federal Government, Plateau State Government and security agencies to work together.
He said stronger security measures were necessary to restore confidence among residents and prevent further loss of lives.



