President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday met with the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ola Olukoyede, and the Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Muttaqha Rabe Darma.
The meeting took place at the State House in Abuja. It focused on the management and disposal of houses seized by the EFCC nationwide.
The State House media office confirmed the meeting in a statement. It also released photographs from the meeting.
The meeting marked the first public engagement between Tinubu and Olukoyede since the Osun account freeze dispute.
The EFCC had frozen Osun State Government accounts earlier this month. The commission acted under a court order obtained on August 5, 2026.
The EFCC said it was investigating the alleged mismanagement of about N11bn. The funds involved ecology funds and intervention funds. They also included allocations from the Federation Account Allocation Committee.
The Osun State Government challenged the freeze at the Federal High Court in Abuja. It filed the suit on the same day.
Also Read: Chidimma Adetshina: South African Court Delays Deportation Ruling Until 2027
The state asked the court to cancel the freeze order. It also demanded N2bn in exemplary damages.
Osun accused the EFCC of conducting an unproven “witch-hunt” against the state. The state claimed the alleged campaign had continued since March.
Two days later, Tinubu directed the EFCC to return to court. He ordered the commission to seek the removal of the freeze order.
Tinubu said the timing of the action had embarrassed him. The freeze came only 10 days before the Osun governorship election.
The President said he had avoided interfering with EFCC operations. However, he said federal agencies must not appear to influence elections.
Governor Ademola Adeleke later won re-election in Osun State. He subsequently disclosed that he had ordered the withdrawal of the lawsuit against the EFCC.
Adeleke spoke during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics. He credited Tinubu’s intervention with resolving the dispute.
The governor also praised the President for contacting him. He said Tinubu’s intervention had addressed the matter.
The latest meeting comes as the Federal Government reviews the management of seized properties. The EFCC has recovered several properties through its investigations.
Tinubu, Olukoyede and Darma are expected to ensure the disposal process follows transparency and accountability rules.



